Weighing in at only 147lbs (67kgs) and with 115hp (NA) and up to 130hp (FI), the FALCON FL150 is the same packaging as it’s bigger brother the FALCON FL200, but with modified internals. With a service ceiling of 30,000′ the FL150 is ideal for LSA, Kitplane builds, Drone, EAB and countless of other applications.
Just like the rest of the E-Series Higgs line, the FL150 is designed as a clean sheet multi fuel solution. These engines will demonstrate our unique design for achieving the needed horsepower while keeping the weight of the jet burning engine at or below similar AVgas versions of these engines.
115hp / 147lbs
COMBINED CYCLE PISTON OPERATIONAL ADVANTAGES
- Combined Cycle 2-Stroke Engine
- JET-A and multi-fuel capable
- Conventional 4 cycle wet sump lubrication
- No valve gear
- Low thermal loading of the piston
- High durability with low exhaust emissions
- Compact low mass design
- Extended oil change periods (oil does not degrade)
- Extended maintenance intervals (less parts to maintain)
- New concept in high performance aircraft engine
- Unique operating method
- Low part count for high life
- Extremely high power to weight
- Minimum vibration
- Low noise and heat signature
- Also available as forced induction / FL150J/G-T – 130hp
- Weighs only 147lbs / 67kgs
ULTRA COMPACT DESIGN
As you can see from the gallery of images opposite the SWIFT™ and FALCON™ engines use up a much smaller footprint than other small engines in this category. An amazing amount of power for such a small unit. It’s the HIGGS way.
Using a rotax style mount configuration, the SWIFT™ and FALCON™ engines are also very easily mounted and adapted to many existing Ultralight, LSA, UAV, Drone vehicles and aircraft.
Fuel Type & Consumption
This platform of engines has been designed from the ground up to be a true multi-fuel unit.
Designed to run on industry standard Jet fuel (Diesel (EN 590), Jet A, Jet A-1, JP-5, DEF STAN 91-86, JP-8, DEF STAN 91-91, JP-8+100, Chinese Jet Fuel No 3)
Will also run and perform on all gasolines where necessary, 80,87,91,95 including 100LL along with all bio derivatives.
BSFC, 0.398 lb/hp-h (231g/kW-h) Pratt & Whitney PT-6 Turboprop by comparison is 0.507 lb/hp-h (308 g/kW-h) (on approach and idle 0.825 lb/hp-h (502 g/kW-h))
RECEIVE ALL THE UPDATES
Get on the list for updates and we'll contact you when you new information about all of the AC-AERO products come online.